Standard Of Conduct
Now, therefore, we, the International Board of Directors of Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International, hereby resolve that the work of this Fellowship is to call men back to God and to comfort, encourage, help and train men of every nationality, race, culture and social economic stature to do the work of Jesus.
We further resolve that the following Code of Honour shall be a condition of membership:
THE FGBMFI CODE OF HONOUR ACCORDING TO OUR SCRIPTURAL BELIEFS
Realizing that our Fellowship was founded on the principle of brotherly love and good will (John 15:12); and Realizing that in the last days people shall take free speech as a license to reject authority and speak evil of dignitaries (Jude 8), and shall . . walk according to the flesh.. and despise authority.., becoming …presumptuous, self-willed and not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries… (II Peter 2:10)
As a member of the FGBMFI, I choose to submit myself to the following Code of Honour:
1. I shall honor God and the leaders of this Fellowship, and submit myself to my brothers in this ministry in the fear of God
as the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I further agree to be governed by the decisions of the International
Officers, the International Board of Directors, and the International Delegates. (Eph. 5:21)
2. I shall be sober and watch in prayer for my leaders. (1 Tim. 2:1-3)
3. I shall walk in fervent love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace among my brothers because
love covers a multitude of sins. I further agree to be courteous, and I will bless, knowing that I am called to inherit a blessing. I
shall choose love for my brothers and walk in the light, rejecting darkness which would blind me. (1 Pet. 4:8; Eph. 4:3, Prov.
10:12,1 John 2:10-11)
4. I shall submit myself to every ordinance of this Fellowship. (1 Pet. 2:13)
5. I shall walk worthy of the call to which God has chosen me in this Fellowship, and shall walk in all lowliness and
gentleness toward my brothers. (Eph. 4:1-3)
6. I shall let no corrupt communication proceed out of my mouth concerning my brothers in this Fellowship, but I shall speak
only those things that will edify and impart grace to the hearer, for all have determined that I shall not grieve the Holy Spirit of
God. (Eph. 4:29-30)
7. I shall not deceive myself by saying I love my brother and then proceed to say all types of hateful things about him.
8. I shall pursue peace and holiness with all men so that other men shall see the Lord. (Heb. 12:4)
9. I shall not gossip or distribute a bad report about any member of this Fellowship. I shall not devise wicked plans against
the leaders of this Fellowship, and I shall not sow discord among the brethren. I choose to walk in love, and I refuse to walk in
a fleshly, carnal manner as characterized by envy, strife, and division, for those who do so cannot please God. (Rom. 8:8; 1
10. I recognize that the Body of Christ has many members, and that the FGBMFI is just one part. If I find myself placed in an unresolved conflict with my leaders, I will not cause strife and division, but I will seek God’s direction and will move to that part of the body which He has chosen for me.
I understand that failure to abide by this Code of Conduct shall result in the suspension of my membership rights in the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International.
This Standard of Conduct was adopted and put into effect by the International Board of Directors at a meeting on October 9, 1994.